Villages of Lake Highlands FAQ
At Villages of Lake Highlands the health and well-being of you or your loved-one is of the utmost importance to us. For this reason we have put together a list of some of the most frequently asked questions for you to review.
Choosing a healthcare community for yourself or a loved one is deeply personal and a difficult decision. There are many factors to consider, and as every family has certain preferences and values things differently there is not one simple approach. Having said that, we believe there are certain factors families should consider prior to selecting a healthcare community.
- First and foremost, know that this is your decision to make. A surgeon, attending physician, primary care doctor, or a hospital discharge planner or social worker may have an opinion, and their advice should certainly not be discounted. However, this decision should ultimately be made by the patient and their family.
- You should consider the quality of care and a facility’s clinical outcomes. Do residents recover and return home quickly, do they have good functional outcomes with documentation of improvement, do they avoid re-hospitalizations?
- You should consider the quality of the facility; what are the resident rooms like, is it a comfortable environment to rehabilitate, does the therapy equipment lead to an effective and timely recovery, etc.? Will you or your loved one enjoy the facility’s key amenities such as the dining program, televisions services, wellness an social activities, and the overall atmosphere?
- You also should consider the convenience of the location to you, your family and your friends. We believe it is important for a community to be in a desirable location, close to home, and close to places where families prefer to live, shop, worship, and play. Being near a hospital is not necessarily a positive attribute.
- Finally, and the factor we consider most important – go tour the facility in person. Visit with the administrator, therapy director, and/or the director of nursing. Does the leadership team seem engaged, detail oriented, and passionate toward senior healthcare? Is the facility clean, are there any unusual odors? Does the staff appear engaged and do they greet you with a smile as you pass in the hallways?
We believe if you take the actions above you will find a healthcare community that will meet your needs and that you will be happy with, whether you are looking for short term rehabilitation therapy or long term skilled nursing or memory care services.
Please bring comfortable clothing and footwear for your stay. Individuality and personal preference is an integral part of the healing process. We encourage you to wear what makes you feel comfortable and motivated to expedite your recovery. Supporting your individual preferences is our goal: please bring any medical directives, power of attorney and your Medicare and/or Insurance cards to verify benefits. We are happy to verify these items prior to your admission through our Admissions and Business Office departments. Please do not bring any prescription or over the counter medications or tobacco products. If you have valuables or cash, we have personal safes for your convenience, privacy and ease of access. Please ask our admission representative to access this amenity.
Some future guests receive “Pre-Hab” at our community which can potentially reduce your length of stay after surgery via strengthening and conditioning prior to a procedure. You may discuss this with your surgeon to see if Pre-Hab is appropriate for you.
Once you select VOLH as your choice for post-acute care, our admissions team and the discharging team at the hospital will coordinate your transfer. This will occur by either our private van or a contracted service who will drive you to VOLH. If you require ambulance stretcher, we will arrange for that per medical necessity.
NEWS & ARTICLES BY THE VILLAGES OF LAKE HIGHLANDS
Knowing When Skilled Nursing Is A Good Fit
Knowing When Skilled Nursing Is A Good Fit. As [...]
Finding The Perfect Retirement Community in Dallas
Finding The Perfect Retirement Community in Dallas The Villages [...]
Outpatient Rehabilitation Program in Dallas Texas
Finding The Perfect Outpatient Rehabilitation Program in Dallas Texas [...]
Sign up to receive our events calendar to make sure you don’t miss a thing.
By signing up to receive community updates we will be able to keep you informed about upcoming events.